Inission Munkfors has a new Finance & HR manager. Her name is Anna-Karin Nordström Olsson and most recently came from the role of Finance & HR Director at Alfa Neon AB. With long and broad experience in finance, she looks forward to creating a basis for decisions that drives the business forward.
Anna-Karin grew up in Gräsmark and today lives in Ingmår north of Sunne. Anna-Karin has worked widely and for a long time in finance, but even so the career choice was not completely obvious.
– Since my mother was an economist, I would definitely do something completely different. I would stay far away from numbers. Either I would become a hairdresser or study further in the business program. It became the latter. I had worked extra in stores so it felt natural. During high school, my view of finances also changed. Finance was included in the business program and all of a sudden it felt exciting. I chose economics and supplemented with further studies. In the end I was an approved accountant.
After her studies, Anna-Karin got a job at Tetra Pak.
– I was satisfied but at the same time I wanted to go all the way. After a few more years of study, this time at Karlstad University, I had my Bachelor of Economics.
What did you work before Inission?
– Most recently I was Finance & HR Director at Alfa Neon AB, a branding company that makes graphic profiles, signs and machines for the printing industry. Before that I was at Tetra Pak for 27 years and had many varied roles in finance and HR. I was a manager and worked both locally and globally, managed HR, was Controller and worked with purchasing and within IT.
Why did you choose Inission?
– I wasn’t really interested in changing jobs, but after meeting the management and getting a picture of Inission and the people behind the business, I became interested. A picture was painted of an exciting company with a lot of potential and pulse, where I could feel like a significant cog in the machinery and the company’s growth journey. After working for a while, I recognize that image. There is an incredible will, no one gives up and everyone wants to move forward.
What are your best qualities that you bring to work?
– I see myself as positive, straightforward and clear. I am structured but not too angularly structured. As it is a combined role, I have to be responsive, have an “ear to the rail” and have the ability to keep several things separate.
Anna-Karin is Inission Munkfor’s Finance & HR manager and has a key role in the further development of the company. She sits on the business’s management team and leads the work of developing financial plans, investigations and steering and control systems to follow up the business. She is also responsible for matters relating to personnel, salaries, skills development and recruitment.
What do you like most about your job?
– The meeting with people and the creation of collaborations that improve the business both in a human and profitability-wise way. Also, I like the variety. It creates pulse. So far, no day has been the same. It is vacation planning, meetings about IT systems and order status, daily management and analysis of financial data that must be the basis for decisions.
What do you think is important for a business to function well?
– Clarity and a well-balanced structure. There must not be too much structure, then flexibility is reduced. Without flexibility, organizations lose momentum.
Many thanks Anna-Karin. Good luck.
For more information:
Anna-Karin Nordström Olsson
+46 563 540 552
Inission is a total supplier of customized manufacturing services and products in advanced industrial electronics and mechanics. Our services cover the entire product life cycle, from development and design to industrialization, volume production and aftermarket services. Inission has operations in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Italy, the USA, and Tunisia.
Inission has a strong value-driven corporate culture of entrepreneurship and passion, which has over the past 12 months resulted in a turnover of SEK 2 billion with an average of 936 employees. Inission is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market.
Inission’s offer is divided into two business areas; Contract manufacturing of electronic and mechanical products under the brand Inission and Power electronics and systems under the brand Enedo.